Alexa did great on the plane ride playing for the 1st part and sleeping the 2nd half. We left Missouri in coats & toe covered shoes and when we got off the plane in Florida we stuck out like a soar thumb. The weather was beautiful and I couldn't believe it was the middle of November.
Alexa loved seeing her cousins Kylie & Tyler again and we even got to meet her new cousin, Jordan (Jeremiah & Sharon's Son).
We stayed at the Pink Shell Resort right on the beach and our Balcony over-looked the most beautiful view I've ever seen. We heard the waves of the ocean crashing on the beach as we slept! So all together there were 9 adults & 4 kids... Belle & Jerry, Verle (Papa), Westen, Amber, Tyler, Kylie, Jeremiah, Sharon, Jordan, Kyle, Alexa & I. It was a lot of people to coordinate timing with but we were pretty successful.
Kyle & I took shifts taking Alexa back to the room in between swims so she could get a nap in. Becaeuse we all know how important those are for the little kids & everyone around them. haha
She loved swimming in the pool & ocean and didn't mind the saltwater at all. She is little miss social so she would walk right up to random kids at the pool to play with them & one little boy was even lucky enough to get a kiss on the cheek.
The resort had different activities for kids to do & on one evening they had the Crab-Tona 500 races. This involved each kid picking a hermit crab & naming it and cheering for it as it raced to the edge (finish line) of the table. The funny thing is Alexa was last in line to pick so she got stuck with the last crab. We named it Boo-Boo & cheered it on and guess what...Yep, she won 1st place!
Boo-Boo was the fastest crab of them all! Alexa didn't seem to care until we all started cheering in celebration & then just wailed because we scared her so bad! 1st prize- ice cream sundae...that she didn't even eat! : )
We got lots of sun & I think I got enough for everyone.
We got there on Thursday & left on Tuesday. Kelly & Travis' got married on the beach Sunday afternoon & their rehearsal dinner was Sat. afternoon.
I had a blast hanging out with my family & their kids. Our nephew, Tyler, around age 10 has a passion for food & G.I Joe action figures. While waiting for the wedding to start he asks me "So if there was meat at the rehearsal dinner last night, do you think there will be meat after the wedding today?" I couldn't stop laughing. I assured him there would be meat, and as promised there was.
We had a blast and it was nice to have Grandma there to babysit. It was hard to head home & see people still laying by the pool. I was wondering what Alexa would think when we got home & she realized it's life back to normal & not near as exciting as vacation was.
But don't worry she was excited to see all of her toys again & her own room & bed, as was I.
When the freezing cold weather hit us as we stepped back onto Missouri grounds it was very very tempting to not turn around and move back to Florida...the thought did cross my mind.



1 comment:
This is why I get jealous of my sister living in Flordia!! :)
Post a Comment