Monday, May 25, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!

Kyle, Alexa and I took our family vacation to beautiful Las Vegas thanks to cheap flights and a good deal on a hotel! We were there from Monday the 18th through Friday the 22nd. Kyle nor I had ever been before and it was a great experience! Alexa did great on the flight and either slept or played peek-a-boo with all the people and pulled hair of the people in front of us!Everyone was very sweet and thought Alexa was the cutest...who wouldn't? We didn't rent a car since our hotel (Tropicana Resort) was right on the strip so we just walked...A LOT! It was a lot of fun and it was very hot! We went swimming everyday and Alexa loved it! She did great with all the walking...of course she just got to ride in the stroller and sleep whenever she got tired! She loved all the bright lights and tons of people! She got a lot of attention seeing as how there are not a lot of babies in Vegas! Who woulda thought?
Kyle tried his luck at the poker table to the first night and actually won some money which was pretty exciting! We splurged and went and saw the Bodies exhibit at the Luxor, which was soo interesting! We highly recommend it! It's a little disturbing at first knowing that they are real dead bodies but sooo woth it! We saw the lions at the MGM which was right across the street! And did our fare share of eating! The dancing fountains at the Belagio were beautiful and there were a lot of interesting things and people to watch all around us!
We also went to see a Circus del osel show (sorry, I know the spelling is wrong) called Mystere and it was amazing! Alexa loved all the extravagant costumes and acrobats flying around! On one of our days walking around we came across this Stone Man that was a real guy and he was very impressive! Every move he made was robotic! So I gave Alexa a dollar and told Kyle to go help her give it to him and then motioned for me to take a picture of them all together and he started rubbing Kyle's ears! Kyle about died...if you don't know already...he absolutley hates his ears rubbed or even touched for that matter! He was soo miserable it was funny!
We had a blast but going away for so long really makes you appreciate your own home! As I would like to say, there's a lot to see in Vegas and a lot not to see..if you know what I mean! : )

4 comments:

The Coles said...

Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Colton Anne said...

Looks like a fun time...but we need to teach you how to turn your pictures right side up so I don't get a crick in my neck looking at my cute niece! :) Glad she did well on the trip/flight for that matter! I'm sure it made things much easier!

Erica said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time, and saw a lot of fun things! Alexa is SO cute and big! Man, they grow so fast! We miss you guys and hope you are all doing well!

Sheri said...

Cassie! I didn't even know you were coming! You could have even stayed with us. And we could have watched your baby for you so you could go out. :( Now I'm sad. But I'm glad you had a good time.