Here are some more recently updated pictures of Alexa. She is now 6 weeks old and getting bigger & bigger everyday. Kyle and I love watching all the changes she's making. She's not sleeping fully through the night yet but she does make it about 4 hour spans at a time...which is greatly appreciated. This first picture is kind of old but we are posting it per Aunt Shannon's request. Alexa and I had the luxury of Aunt Shannon coming up for a special visit shortly after Alexa was born. Shannon got some one on one time with baby Alexa and I got to enjoy Shannon's company and help in taking care of her.
Kyle's brothers, Westen & Jeremiah, came from out of town to visit for the week following Thanksgiving and we had a blast with all of them, especially Westen's little girl, Kylie. Kylie is 3 going on 12 and absolutley loved baby Alexa. I think she was kind of dissapointed that Alexa didn't want to play with her and her toys more! It was so cute watching Kylie interact with Alexa and talk to her. She kept coming up to me that week and saying "I love your baby her so cute!" Kylie got to experience Alexa on a more personal basis when she helped me change a couple of diapers....funny enough Kylie was right there with me handing me the wet wipes and throwing away the diapers!
The following weekend was Alexa's blessing so all my family was kind enough to make the travels from Kansas City, Columbia, Arkansas, Willard, and Utah to be there for it...aren't we loved! Here are Shannon and John adoring baby Alexa while she's sleeping..her cutest moments!
Alexa weighs a little more over 9 lbs. and 7 oz. now! It really hit me how fast she is growing when she started out growing a lot of her clothes recently. Don't worry...she has a closet stuffed full of frilly little outfits yet to grow into and I'm very anxious to play dress up with her. She is getting stronger and stronger and holds up her head very well for a 6 week old. The other day she even stood up for a few seconds with me holding her hand!
Alexa weighs a little more over 9 lbs. and 7 oz. now! It really hit me how fast she is growing when she started out growing a lot of her clothes recently. Don't worry...she has a closet stuffed full of frilly little outfits yet to grow into and I'm very anxious to play dress up with her. She is getting stronger and stronger and holds up her head very well for a 6 week old. The other day she even stood up for a few seconds with me holding her hand!
During the day we don't do much except for eat, sleep, and change diapers. I am very fortunate enough to be able to get stuff done around the house while she is taking her naps. I think one of the biggest things I've learned since she was born is everyday it's all about the timing! I've never had to plan and coordinate timing so much just to go to Wal-Mart! But it's true...everything is a lot more of an ordeal when there's a little baby involved!
We have gone to play group which meets every Wed. and really enjoy that...granted it's more for me than Alexa because she's the youngest one there and she's really not playing all that much. But it is nice to have a reason to get out of the house and have some adult interaction with the other moms!



1 comment:
Thank you Cassandra for posting those pictures! Your baby is beautiful! It is going to be so fun to watch her grow. I love the stories about her and Kylie interacting together. We will look forward to holiday pics! Heidi
Post a Comment