How can my daughter turning 2 years old be so exciting and so sad at the same time?
(Okay so I know this post is kind of late but I had to start somewhere!)

One of Alexa's favorite things to do is take her mini grocery cart to the store and push it around. This happens rarely since its always so crazy at Walmart and she's not the best of drivers yet. She had a huge party the weekend before her birthday so we just kept it low key on the actual birth date and pretty much just let her do whatever she wanted, which included pushing her grocery cart around Walmart! (Believe me she always knows what she wants)

I'm a stickler for birth minute pictures and it happened to be 12:04 p.m. while we were smack in the middle of Walmart. I ran all the way out to the car to grab the camera and plopped her down by the nearest backdrop, diapers. It was all worth it! Look how cute this little girl is!

I decorated the house the after Alexa went to bed the night before her birthday so she woke up to streamers, banners, and balloons everywhere! She was very excited!
(she is also modeling the pretty dress Kyle surprised her with - he wrapped it and picked it out all by himself the day before- I was very impressed!)

The streamers dangling from the entry way infront of her bedroom was her favorite. She kept running through it and everytime she did she would sing Happy Birthday to herself.
That day was so much fun and so bittersweet at the same time!
Alexa is so sweet and very thoughtful and always knows how to make anyone and
everyone smile! I have the best baby in the world! (she'll always be my baby no matter how grown up she gets!)
*The day after her birthday she woke up asking me "What happened to my birthday?" and the question continued through out the entire day!*
No comments:
Post a Comment